We got hit with a barrage of spam signups yesterday. I was able to shut them down yesterday, but I have just completed cleaning up and adding keywords exclusion lists to prevent much of this in the future. I know I have still have many offensive words to add to my lists, so if you have any suggestions please email them to me at Email Me. (I use Email Address Obfuscator to encode my email address. More on that in another post.)
Click to see the current keywords I am blocking:
As I started, I realized this will be a long post and contain other useful tips that apply to normal maintenance of the site. Because of that I am going write multiple posts and then tie them all together here. The topics will be as follows:
- How to delete a user?
- How to mark a user as a spammer?
- How to delete a blog?
- How to mark blogs as spammers?
- How to block blog registrations of offensive/spam words?
- How to Ban Specified Email Domains From Registering?
- How to delete offensive syndicated posts?
- How to filter out a blog from Syndication?
- How to filter out keywords in blog titles from the main page?
As I write each post, I will link it here.